Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Misery (Continued)

So I have still not been able to figure out completely what's going on with the NSLog() and breakpoints.

I tried Googling this 'xcode gdb "sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all" ' where I did find this post (here) on various "code signing" issues.

It seems like the gdb debugger does not always attach to the remote iOS process unless some voodoo in the "code signing" section of the "Build" configuration is set to the proper phase of the moon.

Diddling this seems to make NSLog() and breakpoints work again:


I changed the 'Any OS' tag to some default.

This Apple software is totally flaky and unreliable in this regard.

[ UPDATE ]  While this worked a few times in a row on XCode 3 no dice in XCode 4.

Diddling the same parameter does not cause NSLog() or breakpoints to work.

[ UPDATE ] I regenerated the provisioning profiles and upgraded a different iPad to 4.3.5 (I was on 4.3.3 for the problems above).  After reinstalling all of this it seems to be working ("seems to be working" basically means I have several time connected and disconnect the iPad over an hour or so and each time breakpoints continue to work.

Now that I think about it I probably updated iTunes to 10.4.1 (10) - but I cannot recall if the problems started before that or not - I think not in this case.

Is it fixed?

The jury is still out...


No comments:

Post a Comment